Border Edits



Watering Can: Bannack, Montana; 12:17 p.m.; 10/7/09; f 3.2; 1/13; Sony DSC-H7



Temple: Logan, Utah; 6:27 p.m.; 10/3/09; f 3.4; 1/500; Kodak Z730


I really like both of these border editing techniques. When I saw the random square border I really wanted to try it because it added a lot of dimension to the photograph. I also really like the double fade border for my shot of the Logan temple. It sets the photograph off but still doesn't distract from the temple. I really liked how it turned out.

6 Response to "Border Edits"

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

I really like the patchwork look on the watering can and double border on the Logan temple - the sky is amazing.

gravatar
Glen Turnbow Says:

I love both of these photos and the editing really compliments them both. I don't know if I have anything else to say about them. they are eye catching and enjoyable to look at. thanks for the great photos and editing!

gravatar
Travis Says:

Ok I do think the square frame is cool but I also like the teapot you chose to do that effect on. I think it goes well together. great job. the other one looked nice too.

gravatar
Unknown Says:

Oh Anica...you are so humble. The other day you said something about how you thought my pictures always turn out awesome and really you are the one cranking out the masterpieces! The watering can is absolutely amazing and they way you have implemented edge effects here is stellar! I feel as if my posts just keep going downhill every week but your posts just keep getting better. I guess it goes to show who is doing the learning. :) Anyway, I also like the border for the Logan Temple. I really like how that temple just seems to rise up in the middle of the city. anyway, the light colored double border is certainly fitting for such a holy place. Great job Anica!

gravatar
cindy Says:

These both turned out great! I really just love the first one--everything about it; the colors, the subject, the shadows in the picture, the squares. It's a beautiful picture. The only thing I can see to point out in that one is I noticed that the second "A" in Bannack is hard to see with the shadow, so maybe you could just move the text over so the "K" came right before that shadow, just as one possible suggestion. And honestly I don't usually love the double border look but I think yours turned out really nice with the picture of the temple and I love the color you used for it. Nice work!

gravatar
Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline Says:

I know that there is already over five comments but I love these! The first one is amazing. I am going to try it because I think that the different opacity on all of them work so well with each other. And the picture is so good! I love how the spout leads you in and I just love that picture! The second one is really pretty. I love all the colors and the border looks really good. Good placement for the temple too. I love the sky.

Post a Comment