Night and Light



Moving Light: Rexburg, Idaho; 8:25 p.m.; 12/11/09; f 13.0; 2.0; Kodak Z730



Fall Foliage at Night: BYU-Idaho Campus; 7:21 p.m.; 10/14/09; f 2.0; 1/10; Sony DSC-F828



Rexburg Traffic: Rexburg, Idaho; 7:12 p.m.; 10/14/09; f 2.0; 4.0; Sony DSC-F828; tripod


I like capturing pictures of moving light. For the first picture I twirled my camera around and those were the lights the camera picked up. I really like the third picture. I like the lines the train tracks and the metal adds to the picture. I also like how the light hits everything.

6 Response to "Night and Light"

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

I really like the lights and the different colors in the car and the lights behind the trees by the Snow - I love those trees. The angle and lines by the train tracks are pretty cool too.

gravatar
Glen Turnbow Says:

I love the Moving Light Photo. It is simple and not overpowering. I like it how you can see a pulsating in the lights which might be from the lights or the processing of your camera. I have been wanting to take a photo of the trees on the Northeast side of the Snow building for a while. I'm glad someone got a photo of it.

gravatar
Travis Says:

Fall foliage at night was good stuff. I think you took some time to get this shot. I really like how you are taking it from an angel rather then from straight on. The yellow lights give it a little something and the red in the leaves just look really nice. Good shot. The other two didn't do so much for me.

gravatar
Unknown Says:

My favorite photo here is the one of the Railroad Crossing structure. I love how it just seems to glow with the light from passing cars reflecting off of it. I am always surprised at the things that show up when you use a slow shutter speed that you don't seem to notice with the naked eye. I guess that is the point of photography, right? Oh, and I recognize the photo by the Snow. I took a photo looking up into one of the trees a few weeks ago. Great job at capturing the cool lighting!

gravatar
cindy Says:

I really like how simple your first one is--all of the light painting shots I took were really busy and had so many different lights/lines going on it was hard to focus on any one part of them. I love the colors in the second one, especially the colors of the leaves on the trees with the night lighting is really quite pretty. The shadows from the trees make a nice effect. I wish that light hadn't ended up in the middle of the pic just because that is what my eyes always go to first when I am trying to look at the trees. I also love the contrast in the last one. I think it would've been cool to get a little closer on that one and maybe have tried to cut out a part of the structure with the angle instead of getting the whole thing in the shot.

gravatar
Kenzie - Ryan - Livee- Emmeline Says:

I love the moving lights shot. The lines are really good and the colors look cool together. The blue/red one is fun. I like the color and angle in the fall foliage. Like someone said in class it would be good if the top had a little more light. The contrast of the black sky and the lights on the railroad track look really good. Good job!

Post a Comment