1- Cutouts



Lamppost: BYU-Idaho Campus; 7:00 p.m.; 9/16/09; f 5.0; 1/500; Sony DSC-47




Lamppost Edited: Complete cutout with Quick Selection tool- placed on white background
Lamppost Edited 2: Complete cutout on bottom corner with Quick Selection tool- white background on bottom half, sky remains on top half

To make this image cutout, I used the Quick Selection tool in Photoshop. I then selected the inverse of the lamppost (the background) and deleted it. I adjusted the photo size to 450 x 600 pixels. For the second cutout, I added the top corner to my Quick Selection. When I deleted the background, the top corner remained in the image.

3 Response to "1- Cutouts"

gravatar
Michael Says:

This is a very crisp image. I like how the photo and the first cutout turned out. I like angle and location that the picture is taken from, also the lighting and how the sky is so blue. However, I don't like the second cutout as much cause, after seeing the first two, it just looks like it wasn't finished. One other problem (since the teacher mentioned doing the cutouts so they will be ready to sell) if I were a buyer, it would bug me not to have the complete picture of the lamp post. (i.e. the top part of the light is cut off) I think that it would be harder to sell.

gravatar
Brent Hale Says:

This is nicely done, when i first looked at the picture i noticed that it was composed good. The cut seems really clean and i can imagine it being used for something profesional.

gravatar
Ben Headrick Says:

Great job on the cutout. It is very clean and it shows you know what you were doing. Was this your first time? Good picture and you could probably sell this as a professional image.

Post a Comment