2-Grunge and Text Effect



Field: East 7th South, Rexburg; 5:47 p.m.; 9/16/09; f 5.6; 1/800; Sony DSC-47




Flower Pot: BYU-Idaho Campus Gardens; 11:00 a.m.; 9/26/09; f 4.8; 1/750; Kodak Z730 Zoom; Macro


I loved editing these photos. I used a blending mode on the field shot and put together a texture of some marble with it to make a antique effect. I also adjusted the coloring and added a deep red to increase the antique look. I then added the double border around the outside to finish it off.
With the flowers, I added a text layer and then put a mask over the layer. I was able to mask out some of the words making it a type of text effect. I then added another text layer with the word flowers for the title. The photo has no other editing with saturation or levels.

3 Response to "2-Grunge and Text Effect"

gravatar
Anonymous Says:

I think you got a great feel for your grunge image, but i think that the red is a little over powering. I love the lines of the sprinklers that you can just faintly see. You were able to capture the flowers at a neat angle, good work!

gravatar
Leianne Shepherd Says:

Your flower photo has a nice touch to it. I like that the word flower appears all over fading in and out.

Your grunge image created a neat effect, but I think if you put a little less red in it, it might give it a nicer touch. Great job Anica!

gravatar
Krystal Ann Says:

It looks like your really grasped the concepts this week. Both compositions are very well done. I especially like the angle of the flower shot. What typeface did you use? It is pretty.

Post a Comment